Dis-Chem, South Africa’s leading pharmacy chain, is currently accepting applications for its Assistant Manager Trainee Program for 2023 at its Galleria – Amanzimtoti branch in KwaZulu-Natal. If you are interested, kindly review the details of this traineeship opportunity before submitting your application.
As the operator of South Africa’s largest and most well-known pharmacy chain, Dis-Chem operates 165 stores that generated a total revenue of R21.4 billion in 2019. The company offers exclusive label products, sells online, and has a loyalty program. In 2016, Dis-Chem announced plans to double its outlets by 2021.
Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023
The Assistant Manager Trainee will assist the Store Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the store, including staff management, achieving store targets, inventory management, and report generation.
Key duties of the Assistant Manager Trainee include:
- Managing daily human resources tasks such as scheduling, hours of work, and leaves
- Overseeing the performance management process and ensuring compliance with personal development plans
- Ensuring regular ordering and correct stock levels
- Collaborating with the Store Manager and Store Admin Manager to develop, coordinate, and maintain twice-yearly stock takes
- Managing shrinkage
- Responding to customer complaints and compliments in a timely manner
- Ensuring merchandiser compliance with existing merchandising policies
- Planning, executing, and managing promotional displays and stock
- Ensuring store compliance with pricing, labeling, and layout standards
- Working to meet store objectives.
Who should apply?
To qualify for consideration, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Completed matric or Grade 12
- At least 5 years of experience in FMCG or retail in areas such as Admin, Receiving, Cash Office, Till Operations, Customer Service and Sales floor
- At least 3 years of supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of MS Office and retail operating systems
- Willingness to work retail hours
- Familiarity with SAP is preferred
- Basic understanding of industrial relations and human resources
- A relevant FMCG or retail degree is an advantage
- Basic financial knowledge in mark-ups, VAT, GP, etc.
- Ability to effectively interact with staff, management, reps, and suppliers
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Capable of managing subordinates
- Honest and trustworthy.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023, eligible candidates should visit Dis-Chem’s careers page to complete the online application form by clicking the link below:
Apply online for the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023.
The application deadline for the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023 is January 31, 2023.
To learn more about Dis-Chem, please click here.
You can also view a PDF copy of the Dis-Chem Assistant Manager Trainee Programme 2023 advertisement by clicking the link.
If the internship has already closed, kindly refrain from inquiring about it. You can check other graduate programs and internships that are currently open for application.