Toyota South Africa is seeking eligible candidates to apply for its 2023 SA Learnership Maintenance Program at its KwaZulu-Natal location. Interested applicants should review the qualifications and details of the program before submitting their application.
Toyota South Africa, a subsidiary of the Toyota Motor Corporation, operates as an offshore facility for the company. It manufactures, assembles, distributes, and exports vehicles and spare parts both domestically and internationally. Its product line includes a variety of commercial and passenger vehicles such as coupes, hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, MPVs, vans, and bakkies. In addition to vehicle parts and accessories, Toyota South Africa also offers insurance and finance options through its dealerships located throughout the country. The company’s headquarters is located in Sandton and has been in operation since November 4th, 2002.
Toyota SA Learnership Maintenance Programme 2023
The successful candidate for the learnership program at Toyota South Africa’s facilities in Prospecton, Durban will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various areas, including:
- Utilizing safety hand tools
- Understanding manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Working in a team environment
- Marking and welding
- Preparing surfaces for production
- Operating and monitoring machinery
- Dispatching products and overseeing operations
- Firefighting. Upon completion of the program, the candidate will also receive an NQF Level 2 certification.
Who should apply?
To be considered for the role, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a National Technical Certificate (Level N3 to N6)
- Have completed Matric or Technical Matric with any of the following subjects: Maths and Physical Science, Engineering Science, Mechanical Trade Theory, Motor Trade Theory, Electrical Trade Theory, Graphical Design
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be adaptable, analytical, and persistent
- Have good planning and organizational skills
- Have an interest in the automotive industry It’s important to note that Toyota South Africa is committed to Employment Equity both internally and externally when recruiting candidates. It promotes talent from within the company when making the selection. Internal candidates will get preference over those applying from outside.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Toyota SA Learnership Maintenance Program 2023, eligible candidates must register their profile on Toyota’s online recruitment portal by following the link provided.
To begin the application process, visit the Toyota online recruitment portal and create an account using your Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account. If you already have an account, simply login. Note that this is a mandatory step for all candidates and is how the company tracks and selects applicants.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2023.
Req. ID: 1748
For login issues or any problems that arise during the application process, get in touch with Toyota SA’s candidate support team.
Tel: 08 6114 5465
Email: [email protected]